Studying in Germany offers students world-class study programmes and excellent research opportunities. The country offers the best and the most cost effective study programmes for aspiring international students. Universities in Germany are known to have strong heritage of being one of the most premiere institutions in the world rendering the best and the most definitive educational and research facilities.
Research and development is the pivot of their educational system and also of various sectors in the economy that include machine vehicles, automobile sector and electrical engineering.
Benefits of Studying in Germany
- Minimum documentation for the procedure for visa application.
- International exposure specially for students desirous of global career prospects
- Students are allowed to work in the country for one year after the completion of their course and work permits can be further extended.
- 300 institutions of higher education
- Top most countries offering studies in the field of research, science and technology
- Healthy economy; The strong economic position is also one factor that endears students to come and study in the country. Students are also offered the best international and also the opportunities to intern with some of the best and at the same time giants in the global corporate arena that include. Universities offers students opportunities that is normally paid internships in top universities of the country that can be ultimately lead to full time employment.
Germany is modern and cosmopolitan. Hence students from different nations are respected. There are many outdoor adventure sports here, as well as sightseeing of the Black Forest and techno temples of Berlin.
For the people who do not prefer adventure and outdoor activity there are numerous theatres and concert halls with orchestras and operas. The country also houses internationally renowned art museums.
Student Visa for Studying in Germany
Since public universities in Germany are operating tuition free education, students do not need to bother about tuition fee payment, But they will need to show the embassy that they have sufficient amount of money to take care of their living expenses.
A minimum of €8000 on a block account is usually needed by the embassy. Alternatively, if a student has gotten a scholarship, he can present a letter from the scholarship provider stating that he has been granted a scholarship. Please contact the German embassy in your home country for more information on how to apply for the visa.
Read also; tuition-free-universities-in-europe
Cost of Studying and Living in Germany
In Germany whether a student is from the EU or not the enrollment fees is EUR1000 per year to an institute. The cost of tuition is EUR 700 approx. per year.
Accommodation, food, leisure, utility bills, transport, etc…sums up to approx. EUR 12000 per year, depending on where and how you choose to live. Living in the eastern part of Germany can be a little cheaper.
List of Top Universities in Germany
- University of Frieburg
- University of Marburg
- University of Augsburg
- University of Bamberg
- University of Bayreuth
- Free university of Berlin
List of Tuition Free Universities in Germany offering courses in English language
- University of Tubingen
- Leibniz University of Hannover
- Berlin University of Technology
- Brandenburg University of Technology
- University of Freiburg
- Hamburg University of Applied sciences
- University of Applied Sciences, Bremen
- University of Gottingen
- University of Applied Sciences, Rheine-Waal
- University of Applied Sciences, Bonn-Rheine-Sieg
- University of Applied Sciences, FH Aachen
- University of Applied Sciences, Niederrhein-Monchenglabach
- Berlin School of Economics and Law, Berlin
- University of Applied Sciences, Wurzburg-Schweinfurt
- Unversty of Duisburg Essen
- Reveensburg Wengarten Universty of Applied Science
- Goritz Unversity of Applied Science