Are you interested in getting a nursing degree program online or do you want to run an RN to BSN program online? Check out these schools that do not require clinicals.
In a typical BSN “completion” program, your clinical commitment can be as much as 700 to 900 hours – a massive time commitment that may not mean much if you have already spent significant time caring for patients in a clinical setting.
Some schools require you to find a place close to you and do your clinicals, while other schools intergrate clinicals into their curriculum. Most of the schools in this article expect you to have a field experience, or attach to a clinic for practicals while studying online.
Read also; /online-rn-programs/
Online Nursing Programs Without Clinicals – RN to BSN Programs
Here are some online nursing schools that either incorporate clinical experiences into a variety of courses, or allow 100% online learning without campus visits by offering field experiences in your region.
Grand Canyon University
GCU is a Christian-based school with a large online teaching division. Their 36 credit RN to BSN program has a rolling system allowing new students to start every two weeks. The program has no required clinical component.
A private university with over 18,000 students, South has a large and diverse online degree offering. Along with several nursing master’s degrees, it offers an RN to BSN completion program online with no clinical courses required. Up to 90 credits are accepted in transfer toward your BSN degree from previous learning.
Arizona State University
This 100% online program, offered through the public state university system of Arizona, has no clinical or practicum courses. Clinical learning is done through what’s called “practical learning activities.”
Saint Louis University
A Catholic Jesuit school in St. Louis, Missouri, the school’s online RN to BSN program allows for up to 64 credit hours being transferred in, and has no clinical courses required.
A single program created by eight campuses of the Indiana University Nursing program – a state public university system. The school’s site says that clinical learning experiences are “embedded in didactic or lecture-based courses.”
Online Nursing Programs
Online Nursing Programs Purdue University Global
Purdue is a large school specializing in online career training. It offers degrees in many different areas. For licensed nurses, if offers an RN to BSN program, or an Accelerated BSN to MSN Degree. Nursing master’s degrees are also offered in;
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- MS Nurse Educator
- Nursing Administration
Online Nursing Programs California Baptist University
A private, Christian, liberal arts university located in Riverside, California, CBU has just over 9,000 students in it’s 11 schools. It’s accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. It’s BSN program is for current holders of an RN
Online Nursing Programs Walden University
Walden University is an accredited institution with over 40 years of experience and more than 40,000 students. It offers a wide variety of nursing masters and doctorate degrees including;
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- Nursing Leadership
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Nurse Education
Online Nursing Programs Grand Canyon University
Grand Canyon is a private school founded in 1949 that has over 40,000 students, both online and at it’s Phoenix, AZ main campus. It’s recognized by Fortune Magazine a top-five online school for entrepreneurs. Degrees are offered across many different subject areas. Nursing programs include;
- RN to BSN program
- MS in Nursing, in specialties including Public Health, Informatics, Leadership, Nurse Education and others.
The Higher Learning Commission (HLC) and its predecessor have accredited GCU continually since 1968. GCU obtained its most recent 10-year reaccreditation in 2007.
Benefits of Choosing GCU
- Earlier Graduation – Our 4 credit classes allow you to complete your nursing degree in less time.
- Degree Variety – GCU offers bachelors and master’s degrees, as well as post-masters certificates. We offer high-demand programs such as RN to BSN, and MSN’s with multiple emphases.
- Accredited – The College of Nursing and Health Care Professions offers programs accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)1 and approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- Learn From Leaders – At Grand Canyon University, classes are taught by industry leaders and subject matter experts.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master’s degree in nursing at Grand Canyon University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
- GCU’s College of Nursing and Health Care Professions is also approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
Online Nursing Programs The University of Saint Mary
USM is a private school founded in Kansas in 1923. It has a long history of helping adults with their education, and has been named “Best Midwestern College” by The Princeton Review since 2005. The per credit fee for its nursing RN to BSN program is in a mid range, but the school helps 95% of it’s students bring down costs by getting financial aid. Nursing degree programs include;
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Master of Science in Nursing – Nurse Administrator
- Master of Science in Nursing – Nurse Educator
Campus-Based School without Clinicals
University of Wyoming
The public university’s program in Laramie, Wyoming, is designed for completion in one year at an accelerated pace. It requires full time attendance, and is a rare campus based program that requires no clinical time.
Read also; /online-universities/
How to Apply
Please for more information on requirements and application deadlines, please visist the official school websites as these information change with time.