MBA in Hotel Management, Wittenborg University of Applied Sciences, Netherlands
Find out the tuition fees, scope of program, when to apply, admission procedure etc, scholarships available.
If you are looking to advance your management career in the hotel, tourism, restaurant or overall hospitality sector, then the MBA in Hotel or Hospitality Management will enable you to advance into management roles from an existing position, or prepare you to enter a new role at a management level.
MBA in Hotel Management Program Overview
- Location; Main campus Apeldoorn only, Netherlands
- Tuition Fee; €14,300- (Complete programme, €7,150- per year)
- Course Name; MBA in Hospitality Management
- Course Type; MBA – Master of Business Administration (Full Time)
- Course Sector; Hospitality & Tourism
- Course Duration; 18 months
- Credits; 180 UK CATS / 90 EU EC
- Next Starting Date(s); 27 August 2018, 15 October 2018, 3 December 2018
- Degree or Qualification; Master of Business Administration (MBA) Accredited by FIBAA & NVAO
- Wittenborg Graduates Scholarship; €3.000
- Partner Institutes; €2.000
- Gold Award; €1.500
Read also; /mba-in-hospitality-management/
The MBA in Hotel or Hospitality Management is one of the specialisations in their international MBA programme offered at Wittenborg University Apeldoorn to full-time and part time students from the Netherlands and around the world.
An international team of lecturers and business leaders has been designed this MBA for those ready to make the climb into management roles, either from an existing job or graduates with some work experience who are aspiring to become managers.
Together with the traditional MBA building blocks, this MBA in Hotel Management offers additional modules with a particular focus on leadership and management roles in the hotel and restaurant and overall hospitality sector, and issues specifically facing hospitality companies and organisations, nationally, and internationally.
The programme is designed for those in hospitality and tourism functions who are aiming to enter managerial roles, as well as students from other sectors interested in the sector.
Throughout the Wittenborg MBA, they take a strategic perspective on business and management, in this specialisation specifically from within the hospitality industry, always from an international viewpoint, and help you to develop the skills to contribute to major decisions made by your current or future organisations that will help shape their future.
Read also; /online-mba-vlerick-business-school-belgium/
They welcome students from any academic or working discipline background to apply for this programme. Many entrants to their Wittenborg MBA programme do so with a science or technology background – it is not necessary that you have studied business or management before – the first semester equips you with all the tools you require to specialise further on the MBA in Hospitality Management programme.
- Further develop your current skills and experience to a management level;
- Extend your interest in financial decision making;
- Develop a strategic perspective on business
- a Bachelor degree or equivalent recognised qualification;
Applicants are requested to provide an academic reference from their previous education institute;
It is not necessary to have obtained a Bachelor degree from the domain of Business Administration, however in their degree students must have completed an academic piece of work (final project or dissertation) that shows a degree of academic writing and research experience.
- 3 years professional experience;
Applicants are requested to provide a reference from a company or organisation where they have worked;
- English Language Requirements
IELTS 6.5 or TOEFL Equivalent. Click here for an overview of the equivalent scores.
the TOEFL Code of Wittenborg is 4889.
- With its work experience requirement, the admission requirements reflect the national requirements in the Netherlands for entry into a professional Master such as the Wittenborg MBA. The English language proficiency level requirement is ½ a point higher than the minimum national requirements in the Netherlands.
There is no specific selection procedure for students wishing to enter the MBA, however non-EU (visa) students are “screened” according to their background, in order for the institute to be able to guarantee their immigration status.
- The screening comprises of an interview,
- collection and correlation of all IND required documents, including proof of sufficient funds, taking into account any scholarships provided by Wittenborg (Orange Tulip Scholarship, for instance) or by third parties (NUFFIC, EU, etc).
- Details on Scholarships at Wittenborg can be found at http://www.wittenborg.eu/wittenborg-financial-assistance.htm
Applicants are required to provide a motivation letter in which they describe the reasons for choosing Wittenborg’s programme, as well as the reason for wanting to study in the Netherlands (international students).
Student motivation is important as the programmes are demanding and especially for international students there is a criteria that they complete at least 50% of all their credits in a year.