ETH Zurich and EPFL are the two top ranked institutes of technology with reputation of being world leaders in science and engineering education. Nowadays, many courses are taught in English. Considering tuition fees, an international student will discover that Switzerland has lower tuition universities as compared to other countries like UK and USA.
Unemployment ratio is low. Also, most courses are taught in French, German and English thus, creating a free flow of international students seeking quality higher education in Europe. Please find below the list of low tuition universities in Switzerland, tuition Fees, admission requirements, visa and cost of living in Switzerland.
Read also; low-tuition-universities-in-slovenia-with-tuition-fees-admission-requirements-and-cost-of-living/
Cost of Living
Cost of living when compared to other European countries is comparatively high. You will also have to factor in exchange costs, as Switzerland has its own currency in the form of the Swiss franc. A budget of 1000 Euro to 1200 Euro should take care of feeding, accommodation, books, and transportation etc. for a month.
International students in Switzerland should expect to pay tuition fees in the range £650 and £3,000 annually. This varies depending on your chosen course and institution. Tuition fees waivers like scholarships are available to foreign students – Tuition fees in private universities are higher – range from 2000 Euro and 8,000 Euro per semester. All for bachelor, masters and Ph.D. Studies.
Immigration and visas
You will need to provide these for a visa application;
- A valid passport
- Proof of a place at a registered university
- Evidence of funds to support themselves
- Proof of address
- Health insurance
(Non-EU students will need to check the relevant details for studying in Switzerland with their own country.)
- For Undergraduate; Secondary/high school result and possess a valid school leaving certificate.
- For Masters; BSc certificate, Resume, two reference letters and bachelor’s degree transcripts.
- For Ph.D.; a good Master’s degree result.
Read also; /free-tuition-universities-for-international-students/
Low Tuition Universities in Switzerland
- University of Zurich
- Biel School of Engineering
- Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne
- Engineering School of St. Gallen
- Graduate Institute of International Studies
- Rapperswil School of Engineering
- School of Engineering Cantone Ticino
- School of Engineering of Bern HTL
- School of Engineering of Brugg-Windisch HTL
- School of Engineering of Burgdorf HTL
- Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Zurich
- Universitat Basel
- Universite de Fribourg
- Universite de Lausanne
- University of Berne
- University of Berne
- University of Geneva
- University of Neuchatel
- University of St. Gallen
That is how far we can go. Always check back for latest posts.