Sciences Po was founded in 1872 in response to the political and moral crisis that gripped France in the aftermath of the 1870 Franco-Prussian War.
The intention was to educate a new elite, capable of understanding complex issues, through a cross-disciplinary approach and an international perspective. Today, this ambition is still at the heart of their educational approach.
Sciences Po for All
True to its commitment to openness, Sciences Po offers online courses available to everyone. All their MOOCS are available for free.
Through these courses, anyone seeking to learn can take advantage of lectures with the same multidisciplinary and international character, originality and high academic quality as the courses offered at Sciences Po.
Free Online Mooc Courses Offered
- Espace Mondial, a French vision of Global Studies, by Bertrand Badie- How are global perspectives reshaping public action and social behaviours? This course consist of 12 sessions. It is intended for a wide audience. English version available on Coursera.
- International migrations: a global issue, by Catherine de Wenden- How can we address issues that defy traditional distinctions between science, morality, politics and society? It consist of 6 sessions. This course is intended for students. MOOC available in English and French on FUN.
- Cities Are Back in Town: Urban Sociology for a Globalizing Urban World, by Patrick Le Galès-How can we better understand models of urban analysis in the social sciences and fully grasp today’s urban development issues? 8 sessions. This course is intended for students. MOOC available in English, Spanish and French on Coursera.
- Politics and Economics of International Energy, by Giacomo Luciani- How can we better understand the social, economic and political impact of energy resource issues? 8 sessions. This course is intended for a wide audience. MOOC available in English on Coursera.
- Geopolitics of Europe, by Sylvain Kahn– In search of a dynamic approach to address issues and tensions within the European Union, as well as the EU’s interaction with the rest of the world. Progressive learning course including 6 sessions, 6 serious games, a forum, videos, soundcloud tracks and maps. This course is intended for a wide academic and professional audience. MOOC available in English and French on Coursera.
Follow this link to apply- http://www.sciencespo.fr/en/education/moocs