London School of Economics and Political Science – LSE UK
The London School of Economics and Political Science ( LSE ) is now offering short, affordable distance learning courses without requirements; available from anywhere in the world. These courses allow working professionals to enhance their skills online and in their own time, using a highly supportive and interactive learning platform.
LSE is an unusual university. Few university institutions in the world are as international. The study of social, economic and political problems covers not only the UK and European Union, but also countries of every continent. From its foundation LSE has aimed to be a laboratory of the social sciences, a place where ideas are developed, analysed, evaluated and disseminated around the globe.
Set up to improve society and to “understand the causes of things”, LSE has always put engagement with the wider world at the heart of its mission. From its location in the heart of London, the School links communities across the world, from formal academic partnerships to advisory work with governments and international organisations.
The London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) is a world class centre for its concentration of teaching and research across the full range of the social, political and economic sciences. Founded in 1895 by Beatrice and Sidney Webb, LSE has an outstanding reputation for academic excellence.
Top Reasons to Study With LSE
- Set up to improve society and to “understand the causes of things”, LSE has always put engagement with the wider world at the heart of its mission.
- In 2008 LSE’s outstanding success in the Research Assessment Exercise confirmed it as a world leading research university.
LSE has been awarded the ‘HR excellence in research’ badge from the European Commission. This acknowledges our alignment with the principles of the European Charter for Researchers and Code of Conduct for their Recruitment. All UK HEIs are eligible for this award.
In 2013, LSE became only the second HEI to sign the Living Wage Accreditation Licence Agreement.
LSE Online Certificate Courses
- Business, International Relations and the Political Economy Online certificate course; Understand the relationship between international relations and business, and how this impacts global and local markets, and your organisation. Guided by LSE thought leaders, with expert analyses of historical events, you’ll develop a lens with which to critically analyse global events and plan accordingly. Designed by: Dr Robert Falkner, Professor Chris Alden, Professor Mick Cox and Professor Saul Estrin. 8 weeks, entirely online.
- MBA Essentials Online Certificate Course; The MBA Essentials online certificate course equips you with holistic business skills to thrive in any business environment, at a fraction of the cost and commitment of a full MBA. This course balances the knowledge and theory which will enable you to think differently with the practical skills and techniques required to achieve a greater impact within your organisation. Designed by: Dr Connson Locke, Dr Jordi Blanes I Vidal, Dr Barbara Fasolo, and Khamid Irgashev. 10 weeks, entirely online.
- Managerial Finance Online Certificate Course; Master the language and concepts of modern finance, learning tools that will enable you to make better decisions and become an even greater asset to your organisation. This online course empowers you to elevate your managerial competency with new skills in financial analysis, resource allocation and investment appraisal. Designed by: Professor Dirk Jenter. 6 weeks, entirely online.
Distance education or distance learning is the education of students who may not always be physically present at a school. Traditionally, this usually involved correspondence courses wherein the student corresponded with the school via post. A method of studying in which lectures are broadcast or lessons are conducted by correspondence, without the student needing to attend a school or college. But it is done totally online now, no more letters or correspondences. Unlike 100% online studies, distance learning may be scheduled; meaning you have to be available when it is lecture time.
Benefits of Studying 100% Online
With so many different online courses to choose from, and an even wider range of specialisations and elective modules, you can ensure that your online studies are optimised for your personal requirements. You can even tailor your mode of study, with an exciting array of stimulating media which allow you to engage with your studies however you learn best.
The flexible nature of e-learning means that your study schedule can be made to fit around your professional and family commitments, not the other way around. In some cases, you can even adjust the length of your online course, either to create an accelerated programme, or to extend your studies over a longer, less-intensive period.
Read also; london-school-of-business-and-finance/
Distance learning corses or programs give you complete access to your studies from anywhere in the world, 24/7. But online education is also more accessible in another sense too, with diverse arrays of interactive contents which can challenge, provoke, and inspire you to learn in new, intuitive ways.