Nigeria is located in Western Africa, a country on the Gulf of Guinea, has many natural landmarks and wildlife reserves. Protected areas such as Cross River National Park and Yankari National Park have waterfalls, dense rainforest, savanna and rare primate habitats. One of the most recognizable sites is Zuma Rock, a 725m-tall monolith outside the capital of Abuja that’s pictured on the national currency.
Currently, it has one of its universities among the latest rankings of all universities in the world -The University of Ibadan. International students can easily afford to study at low tuition in Nigerian Universities. In today’s post, we are considering The American university of Nigeria, tuition fees, cost of living and admission requirements.
For undergraduates; Students wishing to study any course at the undergraduate level must provide the following documents;
- Minimum Jamb score of 180 and above
- Five (5) credits in WAEC, NECO, NABTEB, IGCSE including English Language and Mathematics, on at most two SSCE sittings ( two results combined), or an equivalent from a country that requires other types of exit exams or standardized tests.
- Copies of the applicant’s high/secondary school transcripts; SS1, SS2, and SS3
- A letter of recommendation/attestation from the high/secondary school attended
- A personal statement (Essay) about why the applicant chose AUN and what his/her future ambitions are
- A photocopy of ID card, International passport (picture page),
- Four personal passport Photos.
Direct Entry, Transfer Students from other institutions, and International Applicants are advised to contact email@example.com for current entry requirements.
Also for those applying online, you can submit your documents via firstname.lastname@example.org.
For graduates; a successful applicant must be a graduate of a recognized university with an average grade point average (CGPA) of not less than 3.0 on a 5.0 maximum CGPA (or Second Class Lower Division). A minimum of one year of work experience, preferably, at the mid-level or senior management level.
Applicants must submit the following materials to the Graduate Admissions Office;
- A completed application form
- Graduation certificate with verifiable grades and required grade point average
- Official transcript from each university attended
- Copies of all certificates of each university attended
- Two (2) Letters of Recommendation
- Evidence of payment of application fee
- A current Curriculum Vitae
- A personal statement of purpose
- NYSC Certificate
Students should note that providing the above documents do not guarantee admission into the University. These requirements only qualify you for admission consideration and not necessarily acceptance. During the selection process, students’ applications are carefully scrutinized, and those accepted are the ones with the highest scores and qualifications in the applicant pool.
Note: Prospective international students seeking admission into AUN as fresh undergraduate, transfer or graduate students should contact the Admissions Office at email@example.com.
Tuition fees are quite low and affordable. You should expect to pay from $2000 to $5000 as an international student.
List of Low Tuition Universities in Nigeria
These Universities have been approved by the National University Commission;
- Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- Bayero University, Kano
- Federal University Gashua
- Federal University of Petroleum Resources,
- Federal University of Technology, Akure
- Federal University of Technology, Minna
- Federal University of Technology, Owerri
- Federal University, Dutse, Jigawa State
- Federal University, Dutsin-Ma, Katsina
- Federal University, Kashere, Gombe State
- Federal University, Lafia, Nasarawa State
- Federal University, Lokoja, Kogi State
- Federal University, Ndufu-Alike, Ebonyi State
- Federal University, Otuoke, Bayelsa
- Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State
- Federal University, Wukari, Taraba State
- Federal University, Birnin Kebbi
- Federal University, Gusau
- Michael Okpara Uni. of Agric., Umudike
- Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola
- National Open University of Nigeria, Lagos.
- Nigerian Defence Academy, Kaduna
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka
- Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife
- The Police Academy, Wudil
- University of Abuja, Gwagwalada
- University of Agriculture, Abeokuta
- University of Agriculture, Makurdi
- University of Benin
- University of Calabar
- University of Ibadan
- University of Ilorin
- University of Jos
- University of Lagos
- University of Maiduguri
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka
- University of Port-Harcourt
- University of Uyo
- Usumanu Danfodiyo University
- Obong University